Post title: Communications consultant
Duration 30 days over two months period
INTRODUCTION / BACKGROUND
The Government of Mongolia received support from the Green Climate Fund (GCF) for the implementation of the project “Building capacity to advance National Adaptation Process in Mongolia” (NAP project). The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the Delivery Partner of the project with the role of supporting and overseeing the project implementation, and the Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET) is the Implementing Partner responsible for the day-to-day activities of the project. The project supports the government and relevant stakeholders to strengthen the country’s capacity for climate change adaptation, advancing multi-sectoral, medium to long-term adaptation planning and budgeting in Mongolia, and promoting the integration of the climate change adaptation aspects into development policies.
NAP Mongolia project is looking for a creative and dynamic Communications Consultant to work with the NAP project and CCRCC team to develop/strengthen digital communications in the field of climate change adaptation. This position is for someone with knowledge and insights in climate change, climate adaptation, digital communications, and media. The post requires strong English and Mongolian language skills including, verbal presentation and writing and ability to synthesize complex information and convert it to simple but impactful communication messages and outreach.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the project supervisory team, the consultant is expected to provide support to the project team by
- Meet with NAP elaboration consultants on prioritized actions to prepare a summary paper on the action;
- Prepare summary papers on the prioritized adaptation actions (to be used at the CoP28 to seek financial support);
- Provide full support in preparing and organizing the Technical and High-level Pre-COP28 events and workshops;
- Support the preparation and collaboration of nominated COP28 delegation
- In collaboration with publishing designer, prepare QR of a summary paper on the prioritized adaptation actions
- Prepare communication materials of the delivered outputs within NAP Mongolia project & communicate with Adaptation Section of NDC platform;
- Assist in organizing pre-CoP Technical and High level meetings
- Assist in preparation of the Minutes of the above meetings and Recommendations.
- At least 3 fliers of summary paper (e.g., livestock, crop farming and water sectors) on adaptation interventions included into the Draft NAP
- Assisted in organizing of meetings to present CC adaptation
- Presentation slides/ brochure to depict the NAP process ( in collaboration with publishing designer to use inforgraphics)
- Correct and concise information to feed in to NDC platform.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to focus on a variety of tasks within deadlines and to work under time pressure;
- Ability to follow up immediately and facilitates solutions to challenges and attention to details;
- Strong work ethics and commitment;
- Team player organized and resourceful;
Required Skills and Qualifications
An Applicant must have at least Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, International Development, International Relations or other relevant fields
Applicants are required to have professional work experience (min 3 years) in the field of climate change (adaptation and mitigation)
- More than 6 years of experience in environment/ climate/ data interpretation etc;
- Knowledge and skills of handling and interpretation of big data, info;
- Use of visuals and infographic design to deliver the message in concise way (at least 2 years);
- Experience working in preparedness of various level meetings;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Excellent command of English and Mongolian, both oral and written;
- Outstanding interpreting, reading, writing, translating skills;
- Knowledge and understanding of technical matters in the working languages of climate change.
APPLICATION / SUBMISSION
Please include in your application / submission the following:
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience of similar projects; the contact details (email and telephone number) of the applicant; and names of at least two (2) referees
- Evidence of similar assignments or contracts undertaken in the recent past e.g., certified copy of official documents/publications depicting the applicant’s experiences
- A copy of national ID’s and Notarized copies of diploma and academic transcripts
Deadline: 16 hours, October 4, 2023
Applications must be in English and submitted in a single sealed envelope with clearly marked-up on top the position you are applying for or via below Emails.
NAP Mongolia project
E-mail: email@example.com with cc: firstname.lastname@example.org